LBRA was formed in response to planning proposals encroaching on the village. It was recognised that there was a general unease from residents, with further large scale development which would ultimately mean that Langley Burrell would lose its rural individual feel. A constructive and united approach was needed to curtail random, opportunistic development and so LBRA was formed. LBRA’s current focus is on writing the Neighbourhood Plan, to help to form a constructive, cohesive approach to development in the Parish.
LANGLEY BURRELL RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION NEWS
LBRA PROGRESS REPORT– LAUNCH TO NOVEMBER 2014
From the launch to November 2014 the Association achieved a number of milestones and actions for Residents
• 9 committee meetings – new Chairman & Secretary
• LBRA membership opened
• Langley Burrell village website adopted and revitalised
• Agreement by LB Parish Council for LBRA to act as Local Neighbourhood Plan steering group
• Appointment of a Liaison Officer by Wiltshire CC
• Traffic consultants engaged to produce an assessment of traffic flows around the village
• Planning Adviser engaged to support our investigations of planning applications within the parish
• Liaison with neighbouring NLP producing parishes
• Proposed NLP designated area identified
• Ad hoc meetings/engagement with
– Spatial planning team
– LB Parish Council
– Professional ecologist
– Local press
– Wiltshire Wildlife Trust
– Kilvert Society
– Friends of Alfred Williams
– Local community
– Interest groups
• Bank account set up
• Funding event organised and donations being sought and collected
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
• Give your views on the local issues to LBRA
• Get involved
• Join LBRA
• Come along to LBRA meetings
• Let your views be heard
• We would especially welcome input from anyone with ‘expertise’ on any of the areas covered by the LNP
• LBRA is looking for information to support any aspects of the Neighbourhood Plan – especially photos of the parish; vistas/rural scenes; evidence of flooding/water damage; historical information about Langley Burrell.
• Help with fund raising – donations welcome!!
• Make sure you are registered to vote in the Parish
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.